Welcome to the Asgineer documentation!¶
Asgineer is a tool to write asynchronous web applications, using as few abstractions as possible, while still offering a friendly API. There is no fancy routing; you write an async request handler, and delegate to other handlers as needed.
More precisely, Asgineer is a (thin) Python ASGI web microframework.
- When running on Uvicorn, Asgineer is one of the fastest web frameworks available.
- Asgineer has great support for chunked responses, long polling, server side events (SSE), and websockets.
- Asgineer has utilities to help you serve your assets the right (and fast) way.
- You can write your web app with Asgineer, and switch the underlying (ASGI) server without having to change your code.
- Great test coverage.
- Asgineer is so small that it fits in the palm of your hand!
- Getting started
- Asgineer guide
- Asgineer reference
- Asgineer test utilities
- About ASGI
- Examples ↪